Microblading is perfect for those who want to fully reconstruct, define, cover gaps, or fill-in over plucked brows. Microblading is an embroidery of small, precise strokes that mimic the effect of real hairs, and uses a special microblading pen to individually draw on the strokes.
Microblading is a cosmetic technique that creates the appearance of fuller, perfectly shaped eyebrows by applying a semi-permanent makeup.
What we offer at London Body Centre:
*Eyebrow restoration: Many women use microblading to restore the look of their eyebrows after experiencing hair loss from tweezing, age or other factors.
*No more daily makeup: Since the pigment is semi-permanent, you don't have to worry about applying makeup every time you want fuller-looking eyebrows.
*Overall enhancement and shape: Even if you already have full eyebrows, it may not be the shape you'd prefer. Microblading can enhance the overall look of your brows and give you a shape that's perfect for your face and style.
What can you expect upon booking with London Body Centre?
How Does it Work?
Micro-blading is a method of applying of semi-permanent make-up.Micro-blading is done by manually inserting pigment into the upper layers of skin to give the impression of fullness and shape to the eyebrows.It is done via a manual blade so strokes are sharp and crisp.
The results of this method should look natural and just like hair strokes.Semi-permanent makeup involves having pigment implanted into the epidermis using a fine needle – similar to a tattoo but the process is less painful, the “ink” used is usually mineral based and the results are not permanent.
When it comes to having micro-blading done, a technician will take six measurements on your brow bone to make out the perfect shape for your brows.
The process usually takes between one a half to two hours and at least one touch up will be needed to get your final result.
The healing process is relatively quick – but final results may not be visible until several weeks after your appointment because of how the skin heals.
The results will not wash off and usually last for a couple of years – but can be maintained and kept for longer with touch ups, usually one a year.
Facts You Need to Know:
Our microblading treatments require two visits.
Your initial appointment will generally take approximately 90 minutes.
We will consult with you to get an idea of how you want your "dream eyebrows" to look.
We will then begin to design the shape of your new brows... with a brow pencil.
We utilize the 3D eyebrow technique by applying hair strokes across eyebrow ridges, thus creating a realistic, 3D effect. The actual depth of the microblade will also vary on each hair stroke for even more realistic results.
Top Up - £60.00
What Happens During Treatment ?
Before the Microblading Treatment
Leading up to your appointment, you should avoid plucking or waxing your brows because your technician will be making your new brow shape based on current measurements they’ll make before starting the procedure. You should also avoid using exfoliators 72 hours before the application, like any skincare products containing glycolic acid, retinol, and alpha hydroxy acids, since they may inflame the skin, and taking medications such as blood thinners. The goal is for the skin to be as insensitive to the procedure as possible to limit bleeding.
During the Microblading Treatment
Numbing cream is applied to your eyebrows, which numbs the area to ensure your comfort during the treatment. We begin your treatment by using a microblade to make tiny cuts into "your approved design" of the drawn-on eyebrows, while creating hairstrokes.
We then apply our custom-mixed pigments over the top of the tiny hairstrokes, After a few minutes of allowing the color to settle, we will wipe away the excess pigment and that's it! You're ready to show off your beautiful new eyebrows to the world.
What results can I expect & How many do I need?
After the treatment, you may notice a little pinkness around your eyebrows upon completion of your first treatment. You'll notice that this will disappear within a couple of hours. Overall, you will LOVE your brows immediately!
Initially, your eyebrows will appear darker. During the next week to ten days, you'll notice a lightening/softening of color, as you'll lose approximately 30% of the color during this time.
You should avoid getting your eyebrows wet and avoid touching or rubbing them during the first ten days.
Microblading Treatment FAQ
- Make sure to follow ALL of the aftercare instructions
- Avoid sunlight during the healing process
- Make sure to come in for your touch up within 6 weeks (do NOT forget this part, it is very important for long term results)
- Avoid placing any makeup over your brows while healing
- Make sure to continue with waxing every 6-8 weeks to maintain your brow shape after your procedure
- During the healing process make sure to eat as healthy as possible and consume as much water as possible to maintain hydration of the skin (you can also consider supplements to boost the healing process as well)
Some factors are in your control, and others may not be.
Factors within your control:
- Nutritional status (vitamin status and how healthy you eat can influence how you heal)
- Hydration of the skin (meaning you want to be drinking PLENTY of water)
- How closely you follow aftercare instructions (avoiding make up, sun, lotion, etc. on the wound while it is healing
- Smoking (smoking will reduce healing time and make your pigment fade quickly, please avoid smoking during the healing process)
Factors outside of your control:
- The age of your skin (older skin tends to retain pigment less than younger skin)
- Oily skin (the more oily the skin the shorter the results will last)
- Excessive sun damage
- Genetics and issues with immune function
- Hormone imbalances such as hypothyroidism or estrogen dominance can impact pigmentation of the skin
- Medical conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes
- High levels of stress
The touch-up is an extra procedure which actually helps solidify your shape and helps the procedure last a significant amount of time. But what if you don't want the touch-up or what if you can't afford the touch up? What then?Well, unfortunately that will definitely reduce the amount of time that your brows will last.
If you do NOT get the touch up then you can expect that your brows will probably only last anywhere from 2-6 months (depending on other factors such as oil production as so on).
So compare the 12-15 months WITH the touch up to the 2-6 months WITHOUT the touch up.
Because this difference is so big I recommend that if you are serious about getting your brows microbladed that you always get the touch up.
But what if you want your brows to fade?What if you don't like your brows or are unhappy with your results?Will they still last the 12-15 months?The answer is yes and no.
If you are unhappy with your results and actually WANT to fade them, then you can take several steps to help this process along.
By using certain steps, which I've outlined here, you can reduce the time that the pigment stays in your skin by months.
5 Ways to Fade your Brows
#1. Don't Follow After Care Instructions
#2. Sweat & Exercise
#3. Microdermabrasion & Facials
#4. Sauna (preferably FAR IR sauna)
#5. Exfoliating Facial Products
#6. Don't get Your Touch up
There is no single "perfect" candidate for microblading. Any woman (or man) who wants fuller-looking eyebrows, perfectly shaped to their wishes, is ideal for the treatment.
Many woman choose the treatment because their hair growth has slowed or stopped due to plucking, and they're tired of using other products to tediously "draw" their brows. But that's just one scenario. Microblading is popular among women of all backgrounds and situations.
The service can be a little uncomfortable for those who are more sensitive. However, there is annumbing cream applied during to keep this to a minimum to where it is completely tolerable.
• Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though anesthetic will not be possible)
• On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Circulatory disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Any bleeding disorders (doctor's note is required)
• You're taking blood thinning medication
• Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
• If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
• You've recently had Botox or Disport treatment (must wait 2 months)
• Old PMU
• You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
• If you have a sunburn.
• After waxing (must wait 3 days)
• After chemical peels (must wait two weeks
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
- Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
- Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
- No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
- No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
- Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
The touch up is recommended 4-6 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, the artist will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker color.
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
Brief Overview Of Your Treatment
Between 1 hour – 1.5 hours.
None you are good to go immediately post treatment.
DURATION OF RESULTS
9 – 15 months.
Makes all your dreams come true!